CE Marking and CE Certification for American Boats and Jetski's

American Sports Boats Ltd

American Sports Boats provide a CE Certification and CE Marking service for importers of American craft including sports and fishing boats as well as PWC (Jet Ski's). For post construction assessment certificate to be issued by a Notified Body, an inspection of the boat or jetski is always required. This can be done in America prior to shipping or on arrival at any European destination, including Caribbean and French Polynesia.

We have inspectors for Boat CE Certification in Europe and USA we come to you wherever you are. For examples of craft and locations recently certified please see our facebook page

The benefits of using an experienced and reputable company such as American Sports Boats for CE Marking are many, but to name a few:-

  • Inspectors in the US and Europe.
  • We come to your boat anywhere
  • Our inspectors are boating enthusiasts
  • Genuine Notified Body CE Certification
  • Fast turnaround at no extra cost
  • References available on request
  • No obligation advice (please call before you buy)
  • We have probably already completed a boat similar to yours, so can advise what  work is likely to be needed for certification.
  • Over 1000 boats certified.
  • Sound testing available.
  • Friendly personal service

If you would like American Sports Boats to complete CE certification for you:-

1.We will confirm in principle certification is possible (1).

2.Confirm the cost and where necessary travel expenses.

3.Schedule inspection(2)

4.Complete inspection

5.Complete detailed inspection report.

6.In some cases a sound test may be required.

7.Advise of any necessary modifications (3).

8.Produce technical report and submit to Notified Body.

9.Notified Body will issue CE Certificate to us.

10.Certification pack is sent to client.(4)

(1) Before we agree to complete the process we must first consider the engine and its emissions. Engines must be compliant with the emissions standards set out in the recreational craft directive. See our FAQ page. For post construction assessment engines do not need to be CE marked although there are standards considered to be equivalent we can use to prove compliance.

(2) Please note. An inspection is always completed. This is a requirement of Notified Bodies providing certification. If you are offered certification without an inspection it is almost certainly fraudulent. Please let us know of any individual offering this service.

(3)Modifications noted in the inspection report must be completed by the client.

(4) What do you get for your money?

  • CE Certificate of conformity from notified body
  • Declaration of conformity (DoC) avaialable in several languages.
  • Inspection report
  • CE or Builders plate (the CE mark is proof your boat is compliant)
  • CIN plate (craft identification number)
  • Multilingual supplement for the owners manual
  • Notified Body charges included

If you are in doubt or require specific information about your boat, or about a boat you are buying please call, there is a very good chance we will have assessed a similar boat and can advise what work is likely to be required, we do not charge for this service.

For post construction assessment and CE Certification to be completed on an American boat modifications will usually include, if not already fitted, the following:-

  • Extra manually operated or portable bilge pump
  • Battery master switch
  • An automatic fire extinguisher in the engine area
  • Portable fire extinguisher
  • The fuel filler should be labelled "petrol"(it is not necessary to change cap).
  • Non return valve to bilge pump(s) discharge
  • Filter to prevent oil discharge through existing bilge pump
  • Labelling to indicate other safety aspects.

Most boats will require modifications, some more than others, usually we are able to advise what work is likely, please ask us before you commit to buy. We have completed inspections and certification on boats from many US manufacturers, including but not only:-

• Aquasport, Baja, Baha, Bayliner, Bluewater, Boston Whaler, Campion, Chaparral, Chris Craft, Correct Craft, Cobalt, Crownline, Doral, Formula, Four Winns, Glasstream, Glastron, Hydrasports, Mako, Mastercraft, Larson, Mariah, Maxum, Monterey, Moomba, Nautique, Osprey, Pioneer, Regal, Rinker, Scarab, Sea Ray, Sea Swirl, Seadoo, Seasport, Stingray, Tahoe, Trophy, Tracker, Wellcraft, Yamaha and many many more.

Certification to the Recreational Craft Directive 2013/53/EU is a legal requirement in all EU member states and EEA countries. Since January 1st 2006 it has been a legal requirement to have certification issued by a notified body. CE Certification for your boat is required before the craft is put into service or offered for sale, either privately or trade. Remember if a qualifying boat doesn't have the CE mark and CE Certification to go with it, it is illegal to use or advertise for sale. If you are importing a boat please be aware that some countries will prevent import and impound the boat at point of entry without correct documentation.

CE marking for your boat and certification to comply with the recreational craft directive is a legal requirement in the European Union member states and the European Economic Area countries.

The countries are:

• Austria • Belgium • Bulgaria • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • France (including Caribbean and French Polynesia) • Germany • Greece • Hungary• Iceland • Ireland • Italy • Latvia • Lichtenstein • Lithuania • Luxemburg • Malta • Norway • Poland • Portugal• Romania • Slovakia • Slovenia • Spain • Sweden • The Netherlands •

We provide certification service in all these countries as well as UK, USA and Switzerland. Our unique service has established our place in this industry. This allows us to make a distinctive and substantial savings for our clients. We look forward to working with you.

American Sports Boats Ltd

Contact us here.

UK Mobile / WhatsApp / FaceTime audio +44 (0)7787 522277 

 Follow us on Facebook